Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome to I-Life Foundations 1.0

Wayne pulled me aside after our Home Fellowship coaching meeting this afternoon and said, "Are you available and willing to help make this happen? We've been talking about this for too long. Can you help us get a website started for I-Life Foundations?"

"Yes," I said.

And, so it begins.

What is I-Life Foundations?

I-Life Foundations is the brainchild of Wayne, one of our veteran pastors here at Illini Life.

The vision is that I-Life Foundations could evolve into a fine-tuned curriculum for young and growing disciples of Jesus Christ who have decided to join in with our community, while studying at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign.

Bible reading plans. Teachings. Books. Articles. Films. Music. You know, a diverse array of muscle-building, calorie-burning discipleship tools for folks who want to follow Jesus and "train yourselves to be Godly." A life of devotion to Christ requires discipline and we want to help train and equip you as we follow Christ together!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9.24

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment